Bertinoro celebrates the patron Saint Catherine of Alessandria with 3 days full of events, which like every year will include initiatives dedicated to November 25th, International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women. Among the activities not to be missed:
Friday 24 November
- GIANLUCA FOGLIA "FOGLIAZZA" presents NEL VENTRE DELLA BALERA: the story of a dance, the ballroom dance, which will teach the people freedom. Lives to the sound of waltzes, polkas and mazurkas, from Emilia to Romagna, legendary vaults and almost clandestine pirouettes. On stage a narrator / designer, accompanied by a multi-instrumentalist musician. With music specially composed and performed live; the immediacy and charm of the drawing created on the spot; the suggestion of the anecdote and its popular connotation. The evening will take place at the Novelli Theatre.
Saturday 25 November
- 11 am: "BELLA E BRAVA: ANTIDOTI AGLI STEREOTIPI DI GENERE" by and with Eleonora Giovanardi at the Palazzo Comunale. Greetings from the municipal administration and interview with Eleonora Giovanardi, co-founder of the social promotion association Amleta. The journalist Margherita Barbieri moderates. A final toast will follow.
- 5.30 pm: Mass of the Patron Saint presided over by Mons. Livio Corazza at the Co-Cathedral of Santa Caterina.
- from 9 pm: Santa Caterina's Eve, in collaboration with the Pro Loco of Bertinoro, at the Novelli Theatre.
Sunday 26 November
- from 9am to 6pm: Fiera di Santa Caterina food stand (opening at 11am), product display and sales stalls organized by Pro Loco Bertinoro. Chestnuts and mulled wine by the Association il Molino - Civil Protection Bertinoro.
- from 2.30pm to 5.30pm: Initiatives for children "of today and yesterday". With Nonno Banter57's play space.
- 3pm to 6pm: Vibrazione di corde in bianco e nero. Live music with Andrea Costa (violin) and Alessandro Grilli (keyboards) with the collaboration of the Bertinoro Music School "Dante Alighieri"
- from 4pm: Guided tour of the village and the fortress. Departure from Piazza della Libertà - The visit is FREE
- Turning on the Christmas lights
Free shuttle to the historic center on Sundays, from 9am to 6.30pm, from the car parks in via Allende and via Badia.