This building, which housed the Bertinoro Diocesan Seminary from 1817 to 1972, was built in the early 18th century for the Corpus Domini Benedictine monks.
Surrounded by tall walls of brick and rough stone, the building is constructed around a courtyard which still conserves its 18th Century cloisters. This leads to large terraced grounds, surrounded by walls, one side of which is part of Bertinoro’s ancient town walls. Above the main entrance is a terracotta relief of the Madonna of the Lake, which can be attributed to the Sasselli workshop.
The building also still has the original brick cellars, dating from the early 17th Century.